Sunday, October 17
What is Baptism
Baptism Sundays are some of our favorite Sundays of the year. It's all about declaring your love for Jesus, and if you are a Christ follower, this is your next Biblical step. Our next Baptism Sunday will be October 17.
If you are interested, please fill out the form below, and we will follow up with you by email soon!
We at the Grove Church would like to thank you for showing an interest in getting baptized! We are so glad you're taking this step to publicly show the decision you've made to follow Christ!
You may have some questions about baptism. Below are some of the most common ones and their answers:
1) Can you go to heaven by being baptized? The short answer is no. The only way to heaven is by believing in WHO Christ is and accepting HIM as your Lord and Savior. (Romans 10:9-10)
2) What is baptism? Baptism is complete submersion/immersion in water. Another Christian/Pastor lowers you completely into water and back out again in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It symbolizes "burying" (in the water) your old life and "raising" up out of the water again as a new creation. (Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38)
3) When should someone be baptized? Many people wonder when is a good "age" to get baptized. Basically, you should be baptized when you're saved. You're saved if you understand and believe what Christ did on the Cross and accept His free gift of salvation. This point of understanding comes at a different age for everyone. Additionally, you agree and declare publicly that you are submitting EVERY area of your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
4) Why should someone be baptized? You should be baptized once you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. Baptism alone does not save, but baptism should always follow salvation. It's a public proclamation of your decision to live for Christ and symbolism of your new spiritual life as well. (Romans 6:1-7)
Have you made a commitment to Jesus? If so, are you ready to be baptized? If your answer is yes, please provide us with:
-Your Name, address, phone number
-Your age (we ask because we line in order of up kids, teens, then adults for getting in the tank)
- If you have someone (LifeGroup Leader, Staff Member, friend, family member, etc) in particular you'd like to baptize you and why (what your relationship is with that person).
*For children 8 years-5th grade there is a Mandatory Baptism Class.